THE ADULT ADVANCED GROUP RESUMES IN SEPTEMBER 2022
This course is for tournament standard players of any age with a rating between 1400 and 1800 Elo. The course is open to young adults aged sixteen and over with parental approval.
- A five-week online course for advanced students rated 1400- 1800 ELO or Chess Bud Ireland students which continues the exploration of Queen’s Pawn Openings. The focus of the Spring term were King’s fianchetto openings such as the Catalan, Tarrasch, Dutch-Peruvian Gambit and Nimzo-Indian 4. g3 lines that arose through the Catalan move-order.
- In this term, we will be completing the Essential Queen’s Pawn repertoire for white exploring resourceful defences for black such as the Chigorin, Queen’s Gambit Accepted and Baltic Defences. We will also be considering tricky pawn-grabbing variations where black grabs white’s c4 pawn and asks white to prove that he or she has enough compensation to justify the sacrifice.
- Students will have the opportunity to play out complex middlegame positions in various practice tournaments within the coaching portal.
- The group meets once a week for 90 minutes on THURSDAY EVENINGS from 7-8.30pm re-commencing 05th May 2022
- The Online class is conducted using Zoom.
- On enrolling in the course you will be issued with your own personalised login to the Coaching Portal on the Chess Bud website (www.chessbud.ie) This log-in will remain active for as long as you are a Chess Bud student and for a month following the course.
- Your personalised login will enable you to play friendly games with other class members , complete tactical challenges, quizzes and puzzles between classes, take part in simultaneous matches against IM Mark Quinn and review materials covered in class in your own time through playing through annotated game databases to re-enforce lessons.
- Students are invited to compete in themed weekly Sunday night tournaments in the portal where opening systems studied in class are tested
- Each session is part of a specific curriculum designed to help you bring your game to the next level , that is to 1800 ELO and beyond.
- Classes include in-depth analysis of students’ games from Portal tournaments or from student’s over-the-board tournaments or online competitions.
Enrol in the Adult Advanced Group Course using secure PayPal.
Sign Up for the Advanced Class now!
Missed a few classes? No worries!
You can sign-up midway and just pay for the remaining classes.
Time to deepen your knowledge of Positional Play? Interested in adding a super-solid and deceptively dynamic flank opening to your white repertoire? Tired of being positionally squeezed by the English or the Reti? Watch Mark’s video analysing a key variation in the Reti Nimzovitsch-Larsen Attack.