Autumn Course 2021 commences Sunday 3rd October 2021 – Enrol now!
This course is for tournament standard players with a rating between 1300 and 1800 Elo. Any chess player whose Elo rating has surpassed the magical 1300 barrier is already an experienced player who can aspire to play in and hold their own in weekend tournaments. Now that you have proved yourself to be tournament standard, are you hoping to someday play in the Irish Championships or International FIDE rated-events? If so why not enrol on a course designed to empower you with the skills to study and train by yourself and to show you how to get the most out of available training resources. Practical skills explored in this course include learning how to create chances from nothing in the middlegame or endgame and the much neglected Art of Defence. Learn how to make life difficult for your opponent when they are pushing for the win. There is only one thing sweeter than drawing from a lost position and that’s helping your opponent seize defeat from the jaws of victory!
- Each week a specific positional flank opening (The Reti; The English etc.) or full-tilt tactical Queen’s Pawn (1. d4) will be introduced to students, who will then have a chance to try out that line during the class in a practice game with other students or in a clock simul against IM Mark Quinn.
- Practice games will be analysed in class and specific quizzes assigned to students to re-enforce their understanding of the tactical motifs and strategic ideas underpinning these opening lines.
- Participants in the course will be invited to compete in the Chess Bud weekly 10-minute blitz on chess.com every Sunday evening between 7.30 and 9.00pm where current and former intermediate and advanced students and a select number of strong invited Irish players engage in friendly combat.
- Student games played in the weekly Sunday blitz are often incorporated into the weekly lessons as are games of students from lover-the-board leagues or tournaments.
- All students who enrol on any of my courses will be welcome to take part in online Chess Bud Tournaments indefinitely. Once a Chess Bud, always a Chess Bud!
10 x 90 minute weekly classes online
€170 per person
If after enrolling, you feel the standard of this course is too difficult, you can switch to the intermediate classes which is held on Saturday mornings from 11-12.30pm.
Enrol in the Adult Advanced Group Course using secure PayPal. If you would like to join the course midway email email@example.com and he will invoice you for the correct amount based on the remaining classes.
Sign Up for the Advanced Class now!
Missed a few classes? No worries!
You can sign-up midway and just pay for the remaining classes.
Time to deepen your knowledge of Positional Play? Interested in adding a super-solid and deceptively dynamic flank opening to your white repertoire? Tired of being positionally squeezed by the English or the Reti? Watch Mark’s video analysing a key variation in the Reti Nimzovitsch-Larsen Attack.