Adult Beginner Group Course
Commencing – 28th September 2020
Course Times: 11am – 12.30pm or 7 – 8.30pm
Free PDF of Lesson 1: The Danish Gambit
Freed PDF of Lesson 1: How to Mate with King and Queen versus King; Stalemate: What is it and how to avoid it?
- This is a ten week online course for complete beginners.
- All you need to get started is to understand how the pieces move.
- We meet once a week for 90 minutes.
- Online classes are conducted using Zoom and private class tournaments are run on chess.com
- Each session will include a lesson on a specific theme contained in a contemporary or classic game and middlegame puzzles relating to that theme. We will also be looking at the essential endgames you need to learn when starting out in chess.
- If there are sufficient numbers and interest, I will host a private 1 hour blitz competition for the combined beginners classes on chess.com each week. Where appropriate I will review a selection of critical moments from these competition games at the end of each class — not just to find ways to improve your play but also to celebrate your victories!
- After each class, I will send each participant a PDF of that week’s lesson so you can print it out and play over the lesson between classes.
- I will also send the file in chess base format so you can play over the lesson on your computer using the program chessbase light which is free to download from chessbase.com
- My hope is that at the end of the ten weeks, you will have a good basic understanding of the fundamentals of chess, a basic classical opening repertoire ( 1.e4 e5 ; 1) d4 d5) and all the confidence and knowledge to begin investigating the game by yourself.
Ten x 90 minute weekly classes online
€100 per person
There is a maximum number of 25 participants enrolled in each class. Hoewever, if someone is not available to attend the morning class, they can attend the evening session and vice-versa.
Enrol in the Adult Beginner Group Course using secure PayPal. If you would like to join the course midway email email@example.com and I will invoice you for the correct amount based on the remaining classes.
If you feel the beginner’s class is too basic and that I am covering material you already know, you can switch to the intermediate class which is on at the same times on Wednesday.
Sign Up for the Beginners Class now!
Missed a few classes? No worries!
You can sign-up mid-way and just pay for the remaining classes.