Adult Complete Beginner Group Course
I decided to take a few classes with Mark in order to play chess with my young grandchildren. Mark’s encouragement, enthusiasm, positivity and engagement has inspired me to play in Mark’s tournaments, eventually beat my 4 year old grandson and to continue with his classes.Maura, 70+ retired scientist, Dublin
ENROL NOW! for next term commencing Wednesday 21st April 2021
Every Wednesday evening for 6 weeks starting
21st April 2021 from 7 – 8.30pm
- The Wednesday course is a six week online course for COMPLETE BEGINNERS who understand the general idea of chess and how the pieces move and but have not as yet played much chess or studied the game in any great depth.
- The group meets once a week for 90 minutes.
- The Online class is conducted using Zoom.
- Each session includes lessons on specific tactical or strategic themes contained in or classic or student games and tactical puzzles that illustrate that theme. We will also be looking at the essential openings and endgames you need to know when starting out in chess.
- Every Sunday evening for the duration of the term, recommencing Sunday 18th April 2021, I will host a dedicated beginners online tournament for participants from all of my beginners courses. The Chess Bud weekly Beginners Tournament is free to enter and takes place on chess.com every Sunday evening between 7.30 and 9pm commencing Sunday 18th April 2021
- Games from the weekly tournament are often incorporated into the weekly lessons.
- Students will have access to the Chess Bud Video Library from the time they enrol, for the duration for the course and for five weeks following the conclusion of the course. Learn the basics before the course begins with the Chess Bud Essentials Showreel!
- My hope is that at the end of the COMPLETE BEGINNERS course you will have a good understanding of the fundamentals of chess and how to set about creating mating attacks against your opponents. You will also have a basic opening repertoire to launch yourself into the online sphere.
- Should you subsequently enrol in the EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS in September, you will then be equipped with a complete classical King’s Pawn opening repertoire ( 1.e4 e5 ) for white and black and the confidence and knowledge required to continue investigating the game further by yourself.
- Click here to see Mark’s teaching style.