Adult Experienced Beginner Group Courses
ENROL NOW! for next term commencing Monday 19th April 2021
Every Monday evening for 6 weeks starting
19th April 2021 from 7 – 8.30pm
- The Monday course is a six week online course for experienced beginners or students who have already completed my COMPLETE BEGINNERS course.
- The group meets once a week for 90 minutes.
- The Online class is conducted using Zoom.
- The theme of the EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS class this term will be attacking play in the opening. We will be looking at two exciting Kings Pawn openings in particular: The Vienna Variation with 3. Bc4 for white and The Tricky Traxler Counter-Attack for black. By the end of the six weeks you should be able to punt either opening with confidence in your online chesscapades with family and friends or all-comers on chess.com!
- Each session includes lessons on specific tactical or strategic themes contained in classic master or student games and tactical puzzles that illustrate that theme. We will also be looking at the essential endgames you need to know when starting out in chess.
- Every Sunday evening during the summer term I host a dedicated beginners online tournament for participants from all of my beginners courses. The Chess Bud weekly Beginners Tournament is free to enter and takes place on chess.com every Sunday evening between 7.30 and 9pm recommencing Sunday 18th April 2021.
- Games from the weekly tournament are often incorporated into the weekly lessons.
- Students will have access to the Chess Bud Library for five weeks following the conclusion of the course.
- My hope is that at the end of the EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS ten week course you will have a good understanding not just of the fundamentals of chess, but you will be armed with comprehensive classical opening repertoire based on exciting King’s Pawn openings ( 1.e4 e5). By now you should have the confidence and knowledge required to continue investigating the game further by yourself.
- Click here to see Mark’s teaching style
Six x 90 minute weekly classes online
€60 per person
Enrol in the Adult Beginner Group Course using secure PayPal. If you would like to join the course midway email firstname.lastname@example.org and I will invoice you for the correct amount based on the remaining classes.
If you feel the beginner’s class is too basic and that I am covering material you already know, you can switch to the intermediate class which is on Saturday mornings from 11am-12.30pm.
Sign Up for the Beginners Class now!
Missed a few classes? No worries!
You can sign-up mid-way and just pay for the remaining classes.