New Year Course 2022 commences Wednesday January 19th – Enrol Now!
Wednesdays 19th / 26th January
Wednesdays 2nd / 9th / 16th February
Duration: 5 weeks
- A five-week online course for EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS new to Chess Bud or students who have already completed my COMPLETE BEGINNERS course.
- An EXPERIENCED BEGINNER knows how all the pieces move, understands key concepts such as checkmate, stalemate, en passant etc.
- The group meets once a week for 90 minutes on Wednesday evenings from 7-8.30pm commencing 19th January 2022
- The Online class is conducted using Zoom.
- There is a maximum of twenty students per class
- Each session is part of a specific curriculum designed by Mark to help you develop your all-round game by deepening your knowledge of Classical Openings (1.e4 e5) and the key tactical and strategic motifs that those openings give rise to.
- Opening Variations which will be explored during the WINTER TERM include The Scotch Gambit, The Ponziani Opening, The Vienna and the Queen’s Gambit Declined
- Close analysis of student and master games in class.
- On enrolling in the course you will be issued with your own personalised login to the Coaching Portal on the Chess Bud website (www.chessbud.ie) This log-in will remain active for as long as you are a Chess Bud student.
- Participate in online simuls with Mark,
- Play friendly games and themed competitions with other class members outside of class times.
- Solve tactical challenges and endgame quizzes
- Support materials provided to enable you to learn and develop your game between classes.
- The EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS group will resume after the February midterm break for a 6 week Spring Term leading up to Easter (02nd, 09th, 16th, 23rd, 30th March & 06th April).
- Students signed up to the winter term are guaranteed a place on the Spring course so as to facilitate their continuing chess development.
- Click here to see Mark’s teaching style
5 x 90 minute weekly classes online
€85 per person
Enrol in the Adult Experienced Beginner’s Group Course using secure PayPal. If you would like to join the course midway email email@example.com and I will invoice you for the correct amount based on the remaining classes.
If you feel that you are too strong for the beginner’s class upon signing up and that I am covering material you already know, you can switch to the Intermediate to Advanced class which takes place on Monday evenings from 7-8.30pm
Sign Up for the Experienced Beginners Class now!
Missed a few classes? No worries!
You can sign-up mid-way and just pay for the remaining classes.
Continue the journey towards chess mastery!
Watch Mark’s introduction to The Tricky Traxler.