Autumn Course 2021 commences Saturday 2nd October – ENROL NOW!
Whatever level you are at, I’d highly recommend ChessBud. From basic tactics to advanced strategies Mark has a way of explaining and demonstrating concepts that make complex ideas much easier to processJohn, 20s, Italy
- A ten-week online course for intermediate students rated 1000-1300 Elo or students who have already completed my EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS course.
- The group meets once a week for 90 minutes on SATURDAY MORNINGS from 11am to 12.30 pm commencing 2nd October 2021
- The Online class is conducted using Zoom.
- On enrolling in the course you will be issued with your own personalised login to the Coaching Portal on the Chess Bud website (www.chessbud.ie) This log-in will remain active for as long as you are a Chess Bud student.
- Your personalised login will enable you to attend classes, play friendly games with other class members during and outside of class times, complete tactical challenges, quizzes and puzzles between classes, take part in simultaneous matches against IM Mark Quinn and review materials covered in class in your own time to re-enforce lessons.
- Each session is part of a specific curriculum designed to help you bring your game to the next level , that is to 1300 Elo and beyond.
- Throughout the course, students will be set specific weekly assignments designed to fine-tune their attacking intuition, increase awareness of potential pawn, piece and exchange sacrifices, test their ability to solve rook and pawn endings etc.
- Having explored Classical Open Games in the COMPLETE and EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS courses, openings work will now focus on developing systems against semi-open openings such as the Sicilian Defence, French Defence, Caro-Kann and Alekhine Defence in addition to introducing students to different systems against 1. d4
- A specific emphasis of the intermediate course is strategic thinking in the middle-game, how to choose the right plan after the opening phase. To develop the necessary skills and intuition to read a position in such a way as to select the best candidate moves and to choose the strongest move or the move likely to cause the greatest difficulty for an opponent.
- Participants in the course are invited to compete in the weekly Chess Bud Ireland ‘Challengers’ 10-minute blitz on chess.com every Sunday evening for the duration of the course where current and former students and a select number of strong Irish and International players engage in friendly combat.
- Classes include in-depth analysis of students’ games from the Sunday night Chess Bud Tournaments or from student’s over-the-board tournaments or league games.
10 x 90 minute weekly classes online
€170 per person
Note: If you enrol and find this course is either too easy or too hard, you can move into the EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS class on Monday evenings from 7 – 8.30pm or the ADVANCED CLASS on Sundays from 11am – 12.30pm.
Enrol in the Adult Intermediate Group Course using secure PayPal. If you would like to join the course midway email firstname.lastname@example.org and he will invoice you for the correct amount based on the remaining classes.
Sign Up for the Intermediate Class now!
Missed a few classes? No worries!
You can sign-up midway and just pay for the remaining classes.
Learn the Art of the Strategic Sacrifice…
Watch Mark’s video exploring an unusual strategic pawn sacrifice against The King’s Indian defence.