Halloween Mid-Term Camp
HALLOWEEN MID-TERM CAMP
FOR EXPERIENCED BEGINNERS & INTERMEDIATE (700-1200 Online Rating)
1st-4th November (Tuesday-Friday; 9.30am -13.00pm)
CAMP THEME: THE SICILIAN DEFENCE
– The Kalashnikov Reloaded – A Complete Repertoire for Black
– Key Anti-Sicilian Attacking Plans for White
– Mastering the Sicilian Middlegame: How to read Sicilian Structures and Find the Best Plan.
– Tactical Puzzles and in-depth Explanations in the Sicilian and Kalashnikov from Beginner to Advanced.
Twelve hours of Tuition, Practice, Puzzles and Tournament Games over the course of four days. By the end of this camp, students will have an in-depth overview of the Sicilian Kalashnikov with black. The Course also includes sessions for white on the full-tilt Grand-Prix Attack and super-solid Alapin variation. Sessions comprise practice games in the variations studied in the camp, as well as analysis of student games from tournaments, leagues and Chess Bud online tournaments.
ABOUT THIS CAMP
A four day camp for experienced beginners and intermediate players from 700-1200 Elo. Open to kids under the age of 16.
On enrolling in the course each student is issued with their own personalised login to the Coaching Portal. Their log-in will remain active for two weeks following the conclusion of the course so students can go back over course material.
An experienced beginner knows how all the pieces move, understands key concepts such as checkmate, stalemate, en passant etc. and is ready to start learning opening strategies and developing their tactical flair. An intermediate player has reached an online rating up to 1200 Elo and has been trying out different openings and styles of play in a bid to master the game.
The Classes are conducted using Zoom.
– Students will have the change to play each other and also to play out and analyse Sicilian middlegames in themed tournaments or training simuls with Mark.
– Students will be assigned graduated puzzles each day in the Sicilian and the Kalashnikov looking at attacking and defensive ideas for both white and black. These puzzles become progressively harder so students can measure their progress as they begin to master the Sicilian. Students can study the solutions to these tactical and strategic quizzes by playing through explanatory databases in the portal.
– Play through databases of Sicilian and Kalashnikov Games annotated by Mark in the portal. Learn the essential move-orders to get you into the game!
BOOK NOW TO SECURE YOUR PLACE
Course Duration: Tue 1st November – Friday 4th November
Course Times: 9.30am – 13.00pm (with two ten minute breaks) Language: English
Course Fees: €80 per student
Discount for siblings: €60
You can choose one of the following payment options:
1) Revolut to:
+353-85-1526889 or by using this link – https://revolut.me/markmtykf
2) Paypal to:
email@example.com or through searching my username: @chessbud
3) EFT to Chess Bud IBAN: