Individual Coaching Online
It may be you are an absolute beginner who has finally found the time to take up the great game but is not sure where to start. Even if you are only looking forward to playing chess for fun with family, friends or online, I will be happy to build you a bespoke training program to get your chess adventures underway.
Perhaps you are a keen player and student of the game whose results have begun to plateau. The law of diminishing returns kicks in at various points in every chess player’s career as you attempt to reach the next rung of the chess ladder. Sometimes, all you need is an injection of ideas and a little guidance to raise your game to the next level. At different stages in my chess development, I benefited immensely from training sessions with GM Mihai Suba, GM Alexander Baburin and analysing and playing endless hours of blitz and rapid matches with Italian IMs Federico Manca and Carlo Rossi.
It goes without saying that very few chess players make the most of their talent without guiding influences at critical stages in their chess development.
Whether you have just achieved your first rating or are an experienced player hoping to break the magical 2000+ level or an expert with his or her sights set on achieving the FM, IM or GM title, I will be happy to build a bespoke training program for you.
So, how do we get started?
Give me a call or drop me an email to email@example.com and let me know what your chess goals are. We can then decide which coaching package suits you best. It’s best to contact me before you block book individual lessons to ensure availability, as I only take on a small number of individual students at a time.
Once you have signed up to a package of 5 or 10 classes, send me 30 of your most recent games either in tournaments or online and I will get to work designing a training program tailored to your needs and goals.
About this package:
- You can book an individual one-off coaching session or 5 or 10 lesson packages.
- Training programs are tailored to each student’s needs and goals.
- Coaching sessions are conducted online through Zoom and using online chess forums such as Lichess or chess.com
- Where possible, I ask individual students to book in advance in blocks of 5 or 10 lessons so that I can develop a tailored training program for them. I offer a discounted rate on blocks of 5 or 10 lessons.
A typical training program of 5 or 10 lessons consists of:
- 90 minute lessons developed to help students reach the next level.
- Close analysis of student’s games.
- Training games and analysis.
- Weekly homework which includes opening developments, middle game puzzles, tactical ideas and essential endgame structures all based on the student’s specific playing style and opening repertoire.
- Students who book blocks of 5 or 10 lessons can send me any games they play in this period for feedback.
Individual Training packages:
€80 for 1 x 90 min lesson
€375 for 5 x 90 min lesson
€700 for 10 x 90 min lesson
Chessbud Ireland strictly adheres to the Irish Chess Union’s Child Protection Policy which means that lessons involving individuals or groups of children under the age of eighteen must take place in the presence of an adult or a guardian. For further information please see the relevant documentation at